Kelly Brianne Clarkson (born April 24, 1982) is an American singer, songwriter and occasional actress. Clarkson came into prominence after becoming the winner of the inaugural season of the television series American Idol in 2002 and later was the runner-up in the television special World Idol in 2003.
In 2003, Clarkson released her debut album, Thankful, which was a commercial success and established herself in the pop music industry. The release of its first single, “A Moment Like This” (2002), broke The Beatles‘ record for the biggest leap to number one, from 52, in the history of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. After parting ways with her management, Clarkson developed a more rock-oriented music with the release of her critically acclaimed sophomore album, Breakaway (2004), which sold more than 12 million copies worldwide and which garnered Clarkson more worldwide success as a pop rock artist. The album’s single, “Because of You” (2005), became the best-selling single by an Idol contestant worldwide. In 2007, Clarkson took full creative control for her third album My December, which had had a more rock-inspired sound and was met with controversy and moderate success. Clarkson later returned to a more pop-oriented sound with All I Ever Wanted (2009), which became a commercial and critical success. The album’s lead single, “My Life Would Suck Without You” (2009), currently holds the record for biggest leap to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart, breaking her own record of “A Moment Like This” as well as earning her first number-one single in the United Kingdom. Clarkson’s fifth studio album, Stronger, was released in October 2011, preceded by the lead single “Mr. Know It All” which peaked within top ten in eight countries. The second single of Stronger, “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)“, was released in January 2012, and became Clarkson’s third number-one single in the United States.
- Kelly Clarkson Is Stronger On The Billboard Charts! (perezhilton.com)
- Kelly Clarkson says her next single might be ‘Dark Side’ – what do you think? (music-mix.ew.com)
- Kelly Clarkson Gives Mr. Know It All A Country Twist (pinkbananaworld.com)
- ‘Dark Side’: Kelly Clarkson’s Next Single! (justjared.com)
- My Music Favorites (blakewdean.wordpress.com)
- Kelly Clarkson Was Strong Enough To Get Back To #1 (perezhilton.com)
- Kelly Clarkson Does Kick Ass Cover of Shania Twain’s You’re Still The One (perezhilton.com)
- Kelly Clarkson’s ‘Stronger’ hits No. 1 following her Super Bowl anthem, ubiquitous Camry ad (music-mix.ew.com)
- Kelly Clarkson to release ‘Dark Side’ as new single – listen (digitalspy.co.uk)
- ABC Announces Music Competition Series ‘Duets’ for Summer 2012 Starring Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)